This is one of Delia Smith's recipes - and it is gorgeous! It all looks far too sloppy when you make it - have faith, it's supposed to.
75g soft butter
175g castor sugar
3 eggs, separated
75g self raising flour
1 orange, grated zest and juice
1 lemon, grated zest and juice
2 limes, grated zest and juice
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (160 fan)
1. Whisk the butter and sugar together in a large bowl
2. Beat the eggs yolks and add them a bit at a time to the mixture
3. Sift and fold in the flour, alternating with the juices and zests from the fruit
4. Add the milk last
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to a soft peak. Fold into the mixture
If it all looks a little curdled don’t worry – it’s supposed to.
6. Butter a 1.75 litre baking dish
7. Pour the mixture into the buttered dish.
8. Place in middle of oven and bake for 50 mins or until top is golden brown.
Serve hot (just as nice cold if there’s any left!)